Elizabeth Warren, junior senator from MA, reestablishes the meaning of “oversight.”
Beyond the soundbite, “too big to fail has become too big to go to trial,” the Senator clearly understands BATNA, “best alternative to a negotiated agreement.” The government needs to have a credible recourse to this ultimate sanction, if only to improve settlements for cases of wrongdoing by the big fish.
- At 1:20, she asks the question we’ve all been wanting someone to ask FOREVER. Then a government lawyer stumbles over his words.
- At 2:20, she rattles off another one. Then a government lawyer stumbles over his words.
- At 2:55, she asks another lawyer the same question. Said lawyer then tries to not stumble over her words.
- At 3:25, she asks the same question again. That lawyer asks for some time.
- At 3:45, she gets our back and goes for the knockout punch.
- And then right after that you reward her good behavior by sharing this with everyone on the Internet. You know you want to.