One is tempted to greet such a name change with the same reaction anyone reserves for a shallow attempt at “rebranding.” Were it not for Tippett’s thoughtful reflection on this process and outcome, this temptation would be stronger. I think it signals an appropriate, and appropriately sensitive expansion of the scope of the show’s description, in response to the vast vistas that have opened in the show’s subject matter. How does “faith” embrace spiritual traditions of the East? How does it adequately describe our reverence for the natural world? Far from a narrow rebranding, I think this name change reflects the journey the show already has taken, under the mindful eye of its host. I have been listening to the show since Tippett interviewed Seane Corn, in a show entitled “Yoga: Meditation in Action with Seane Corn,” and I have been hooked ever since. If ever there was a place for thoughtful national conversation on the great diversity of human spiritual experience, this show, a veritable love-fest, would be it. I wonder, does the image below indicate that a conversation with Desmond Tutu will launch “Being”? I hope so.
by Krista Tippett, host
I am excited, and a little nervous, to share some big news. We are giving this adventure in conversation a new name. Starting September 16th, Speaking of Faith with Krista Tippett is becoming Krista Tippett on Being.
This doesn’t signal a change in the…
- dresses-2013 reblogged this from beingblog
- aeg-geschirrspuler-oko-favorit reblogged this from beingblog
- televisores-samsung-2012 reblogged this from beingblog
- prix-canon-eos-550d reblogged this from beingblog
- vasca-idromassaggio-jacuzzi reblogged this from beingblog
- lexmark-impact-s305-patronen reblogged this from beingblog
- nivea-werbung-2012 reblogged this from beingblog
- lemongrasska likes this
- drwh0 reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- roots-and-wings likes this
- beingblog posted this